I have been having a heckuva time falling asleep at appropriate times – appropriate times being at bed time, at night when the rest of family is sleeping. Please no “getting old” comments. I am quite aware that things are changing for me as I have jumped into my 40s with aplomb, but that doesn’t change the fact that I miss my sleep.
Things I have tried:
- exercise but not too late in the evening
- unplugging and getting away from the backlit computer screen at least an hour before bed
- stop reading in bed to remind my body that the bed is for sleep and not for studying
- eating ramen noodles when I am hungry at night (msg folks)
- reducing caffeine intake during the day
Things I am considering:
- earplugs so that I can’t hear my husband’s cpap machine (think Darth Vader)
- changing the time I take my medications
- increasing my caffeine intake
So, I am fairly certain there are those of you out there who find counting sheep a big waste of time. What do you do to unwind, relax and fall asleep??