In honor of Tom Lin’s (vp, director of Urbana, InterVarsity Christian Fellowship and unrelated to basketball’s Jeremy Lin, though all three of us have ties to InterVarsity and also are Asian American) FB status, I thought I’d get off my soapbox for awhile and lighten up the mood.
Things you would hear coming out of my mouth if you were a fly on the wall at my house:
- You will be walking to school today because your legs work and I’m paying good money to live this close to the school.
- How is it that your legs work for dancing but not for walking?
- Did anyone see my coffee?
- If I knew where you left your iPod do you think I would tell you where it is?
- No, I do not have your allowance yet.
- If you don’t want to (fill in the blank with a household chore) then please pool your allowances together so that I can get a cleaning lady. No? OK. Let’s get back to work.
- Wait. Let me see the problem. I can’t do math in my head.
- Please chew and swallow before talking again.
- My keys are in my purse.
- I love you.
What would I hear if I was a fly on the wall in your house?